Publication date 2020/06/30
Tokyo,Osaka,1.5M ～ 22.0M
Global Major Pharmaceutical Company
- The Head of Medical ensures that solid scientific medical planning and execution take place in order to positively impact the lives of patient.
- Inputs the medical unmet needs of the related disease area to Global Medical strategy planning, and leads the development of Japan TA strategy.
- Responsible for contributing the scientific and medical view to the prioritization of Respiratory disease area Medical strategy in Japan.
- Accountable for the day-to-day operational oversight of the Medical teams and is responsible for the local medical strategic planning and execution in line with the corporate and brand medical strategies.
- Leads the local ESR/NIS Respiratory strategy and contributes to the priority of the global ESR/NIS Respiratory strategy.
- The Head of Medical is responsible for creating and developing the strategic direction, business/resource planning, and team leadership of the Medical function and directs the function to assure operational effectiveness and efficiencies through a continuous improvement approach.
- Responsible for staff development, evaluation, hiring and alignment of personnel to support Medical Affairs objectives.
- Works closely with the commercial Respiratory teams to help ensure that the science is accurately and compliantly. reflected in all verbal and written communications.
- Senior Professional with strong track record in pharmaceutical companies with high ethical standards for Medical departments
- Solid Respiratory scientific background coupled with a strong commercial orientation and market awareness (access, regulatory and value demonstration)
- Scientific and clinical experience in the treatment of Respiratory patients (Small molecules, biologics and orphan diseases)
- Good understanding of drug development and execution of clinical studies and solid experiences in managing non-interventional studies is desirable
- Advanced leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to operate across functions & hierarchies and with remote teams
- Balanced mix between strategy and execution, driven by a past record of customer centered mindset.
- Have a deep understanding of regulations, good clinical practice (GCP), pharmacovigilance
- Be well conversed in the data generation approach of the GMAT and have the ability to ensure that the MSLs have a fluent comprehension of it
- Additional advanced degree(s) in a health or biomedical field
- Extensive knowledge of the latest technical, regulatory, policy and patient - centric developments
- Experience delivering country medical affairs plans