Publication date 2020/06/9
Aichi,4.0M ～ 7.0M
Multinational Tier 1 Company (Car Parts Supplier)
- Thorough understanding of customers' quality manuals and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of customer specifications, testing methods and procedures.
- Assistance in team program management and liaison with customers in Japan as these activities relate to quality, testing, or validation.
- Development and negotiation of customer inspection standards.
- Educate customers on COMPANY's internal standards and capabilities.
- Product defect inspection, negotiation, countermeasure discussions at customers, and subsequent communication back to COMPANY's Headquarters.
- PPM tracking and reporting.
- 8D/customer specific defect reply development with QE at COMPANY's Headquarters and submission to customer.
- When necessary, management of sorting/inspection at customers which may include sourcing and supervision of contract sorting/inspection companies.
- Process countermeasure support.
- Competitive benchmarking.
- Sales engineering support.
- COMPANY's Japanese vendor evaluation/specification negotiation.
- Stock option;
- Flexible working hours (flex time / core time).
- Training in the HQs location upon joining for up to 3 months.
- Technical/Scientific degree preferred.
- Automotive quality experience, preferably with Japanese auto manufacturers.
- Extensive transpacific and domestic Japan travel expected.
- Close interaction with customer assembly facilities.
- Computer and analytical skills required.
- Bilingual - Japanese/English required
BEHAVORIAL / VALUES CHARACTERISTICS:
- Must possess excellent communication skills and a positive attitude to successfully respond and communicate issues to and from the customer and COMPANY.
- Problem-solving and negotiating ability.
- Teamwork-oriented personality.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Position reports directly to Quality Manager of COMPANY.
- Works daily with the USA-based Asian quality engineer(s).
- COMPANY production management contact and technical department heads/designated staff.