Publication date 2020/06/9
Tokyo,9.0M ～ 12.0M
Global Healthcare/Consumer Goods Company
- Directly reports to Senior Tax Manager; management lead for the cross-sector Tax Center in Japan; lead 3 FTE team to deliver expected results as well as develop them as tax professionals.
- Work closely with Business Unit Finance (BUF) of four sectors Local/Regional Global Services (GS) and Business Support Center of Excellence (BS CoE) within each business sector.
- Responsible for process oversight and review of direct tax filings and statutory reports within stipulated timelines.
- Ongoing assistance with the US LE reporting processes including liaison with GS and Global Tax team, making sure all deadlines are met and accuracy and credibility of reporting is being maintained.
- Supervision of timely and accurate filing of consumption tax and other indirect taxes.
- Tax accounting in Business Plan cycles and quarterly closing.
- Ensure compliance to SOX and other internal controls.
- Lead in cross-sectors tax driven business initiatives locally or regionally.
- Provide internal tax/accounting advisory services and support business operation matters.
- Support the line manager, BUF and other colleagues on local transfer pricing matters.
- Handle the relationships with external tax authorities, statutory auditors, and consultants.
- Standardize and streamline of processes across sectors.
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with BUF, GS and other business partners.
As per Japan Law
Tax/accountancy qualification (Certified Public Tax Accountant, Japanese CPA, US CPA is a plus)
- At least 10 years of tax/accounting experience in a multinational corporation and/or in an international accounting firm.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Capability to lead a team as a great teammate.
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Ability to convey complex issues to non-finance colleagues and provide practical advice.