Publication date 2020/06/9
Kanagawa,5.0M ～ 9.0M
A Tier 1 ingredients company from Europe
This is a great beverage ingredients opportunity for a Tier 1 ingredients company. You will be working in a global environment with an attractive progressive career path.
Conduct product development work in various beverage application on all Nutrition product lines and provide technical services to customers in order to support the company's business in Beverage, and health ingredients food industries as required to meet the business objectives.
- Lead beverage projects in development of new solutions & application, or modification of existing products, recipes and/or processes based on needs of our customers as well as enlarge solution/concept pool for future business opportunities.
- Provide timely technical support and knowledge, using textural/stabilizing ingredients including hydro-colloids/emulsifiers/enzyme, protein and other functional ingredient into beverage applications, to internal and external customers, with prioritization based on customer status and project business impact.
- Professional & timely responses in line with agreed time frames
- Accurate & detailed technical project work and associated reports
- Cost effective approaches and solutions to technical support projects
- Run laboratory trials on formulations of various beverage products, as required.
- Ensure all activities are in line with company policies, business strategies and Global Innovation Rules as well as safe, hygienic and efficient day-to-day operations of the Dairy/ Beverage/ Frozen dessert laboratory and facilities.
- Regularly update and maintain technical self-note into relevant databases that the company may develop and introduce from time to time.
2 of 2
- Commitment to all company's policies, rules and regulations and quality and continuous improvement programs
- Attend and contribute to relevant knowledge meetings and various Company local and regional conferences, trade exhibitions and business meetings where required.
- Assist and support line manager for projects/Technical-Service-Requests development and project/lab management.
- Any other tasks or projects assigned by the Innovations manager.
Salary up to ~9M JPY
Compulsory Benefits included
- Degree in Food Science or equivalent
- At least 8 year of relevant experience in beverage industry or equivalent
- Previous good experience working about formulation of beverage industry or
- Good understanding of plant/milk-fermented drink, dry blended beverage,
nutritional benefits in protein beverages and agglomerations would be highly
- Good knowledge of food ingredients, including:
- Raw material knowledge
- Product development (incl. Formulation)
- Beverage processing parameters
- Understanding of commercial factors that affect product cost and
- Good communication skill in oral and written manners- including in English
- Ability in the following:
- Conducting R&D projects with minimal supervision, together with group
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactivity, creativity and innovation
- Computer literate
- Logical, methodical and analytical thought processes
- Technical problem solving skills
- Planning, time management, organisational skills and influencing skills
- Travel within our sub-region and region as well as required
- Good at sharing knowledge with others and presenting products.
knowledge and application technology to selected customers.