Publication date 2021/09/21
Tokyo,11.5M ～ 14.0M
International IT Service firm specializing in DX
The Application Offering Solution Architect’s (OSA) brings a combination of technical and digital subject matter expertise in the application services including Modern Application development (Agile development, DevSecOps, Enterprise Cloud Apps, API integrations, Microservices architecture), Legacy Modernization, Application management and Testing Assurance. In depth Knowledge in at least one vertical industry segment, the ability to work in a high performing team, and the ability to collaborate with clients.
- Interacts with clients in a consultative way, asking probing, relevant questions to understand client business objectives, draw out underlying issues and validate solution options. Applies active listening techniques.
- Provides subject matter expertise to clients in Application Services during early deal stages to demonstrate our capability and articulate how a solution with proprietary and partner offerings will support the client business objectives.
- Defines the solution strategy. Determines key differentiators that will resonate with the client to ensure the solution resolves the client business challenges. Ensures all aspects of the solution strategy are addressed to ensure that the solution strategy covers technical, delivery, financial and commercial aspects.
- Confirms the solution strategy with the client. Articulates our view aligning to the client business and digital strategy.
- Develops and utilizes industry expertise to provide in-depth solutions architecture based on specific customer's business needs. Coordinates holistic solutions from both business and technical perspective, considering all realities and constraints such as costs, contract terms, business conditions and the technical environment of the client
- Translates the business requirements into a technical solution. Includes but separates additional services that add value and improve the total cost of ownership and/or business case. Identifies acceptable solution trade-offs and risks to both ourselves and the client.
- Collaborates effectively with the appropriate delivery leaders to design the solution and agree on key solution parameters.
- Aligns the client’s business objectives, the technical solution, and the Statement of Work.
Develops and costs a cost-effective solution that meets the client's requirements, maximizes our competitive advantage, and adheres to the allowable cost.
- Constructs a transformation plan that is based on a business journey, and walks the customer through the business value and outcomes delivered through that journey.
- Demonstrates the solution to the client when applicable and participates in proofs of concept required to close the opportunity with the client.
- Builds and maintains a deep understanding of own and partner offerings (features, advantages, and business benefits to clients) in the application services.
- Aids the delivery team by providing guidance on 'intent,’ previous client discussions, and drivers for design decisions.
In accordance with Japanese regulations.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with CxO or Director level client executives.
- Ability to `tell a story` to explain the business problem, how the solution solves that business problem and the advantages that it brings. Tells the story from the customer perspective using relevant business terms and is not just focused on the technical aspects.
- Subject matter expert in Modern Application development (Agile development, DevSecOps, Enterprise Cloud Apps, API integrations, Microservices architecture), Legacy Modernization, Application management and Testing Assurance
- Deep understanding of the role of IT within a chosen vertical industry segment including key business processes and associated IT trends. Ability to apply industry knowledge to solutions.
- Knowledge of emerging and trending digital technologies (ie. AI, Mobility, Blockchain, Machine Learning, RPA, IoT, etc.) and how they intersect with industry-related business patterns.
- Understanding of the concepts of lean approaches and Agile methodologies and related methods (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, DevOps); be able to apply these as appropriate in different client contexts.
- Ability to influence peers, team, organizational leaders and clients; challenges the status quo.
- Capability to “carry the room” when presenting or demonstrating solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to persuade others through presentations, demonstration and written communication
- Willingness to learn from and mentor others.
- Exhibits the following personal characteristics: reliability, collaboration, tenacity, positive attitude, proactive nature, flexibility, calm demeanor during pressure, ability to work in a team environment, and accepts responsibility as well as feedback and criticism.
- Able to cultivate relationship with client by understanding the customer’s culture and business challenges within customer’s market
Experience and Education:
- Bi-Lingual with adept fluency in written & spoken Japanese & English as a Native Japanese.
- 15+ years of experience in the application services
- 5+ years of experience architecting solutions with a strong understanding of sales and delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Technical certifications and accreditations such as TOGAF, PMP, PRINCE2, SAFe, Leading cloud certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Ability to travel on short notice with Japan
- May require evening & weekend work
Information Technology Team
* Please note only qualified candidate will be contacted.
JOB ID : IJB2000965