Search by Specialty
Search by Job type
TOP > Job search > Senior Data Engineer
Publication date 2023/06/7
Chiba,8.0M ～ 10.0M
Global Retail Group
Section 1: Responsibility Summary
Describe the scope and general areas of responsibility including functional and geographic scope, budget responsibilities and development/impact on tools, systems, processes. Also describe leadership responsibilities with an indication of size and type of team and any significant interfaces with other parts of the organization.
The data engineer owns data storage and data models of the data science team. The role is responsible for assembling and maintaining large, complex data sets from a variety of different sources in different formats (JSON, XML, databases, web services) to tackle identified use cases. The data engineer ensures that the data scientists have the data required to build the use case models. In addition, the data engineer also participates in early model development, and provides input on how to improve proposed solutions and implement changes.
This role also liaises closely with IT’s EDM team in order to provide technical support related to data structures, data models, meta data management and it helps to drive the cloud-based machine learning roadmap.
Working with multiple teams across the business is crucial to understand their goals, challenges and priorities. Hence, strong communication skills are essential ? for highly technical discussions as well as translating ideas to less technical stake holders.
Section 2: Key Accountabilities
List and describe the job’s primary duties and responsibilities in 5 to 7 specific, measurable and outcome related statements (include percentage of time).
% of Time
- Creating data models, data pipelines
- Perform data cleansing and feature engineering
- Participate in early data modeling and testing for use case development
- Identify relevant data sets by researching, interacting with business stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively and frequently with data scientists and IT leadership
- Ensure that data science team has access to the required data sets
- Liaise with IT on the infrastructure, data pipelines, and productionalization of models
- Document data, data structure, and data models
- Research best practices, technologies, tools, and trends
We provide a competitive salary that reflects your skills and experience, and you may also be eligible for other short or long -term incentives dependent upon your role, your performance and overall contributions to the Company’s priorities and success.
Health and Wellness:
Our team members’ health and wellbeing is important to us. We strive to offer comprehensive benefits packages to keep you and your family at its best:
- Health Insurance for all the team members
- Club Activity subsidiary for team members
- Employee Assistance Program is offered in partnership with external providers and agencies, giving you support and resources for life’s changes and challenges.
We offer services for you to plan for the future but also offer other programs that can improve your life today:
- 401 (k) is available to eligible team members.
- Employee Pension for all team members.
- Team Member Shopping Discount on most purchases.
Section 3: Critical Skills/Knowledge
Indicate critical skills and knowledge required for the role (e.g. strategic leadership, influence) and any subject matter expertise (e.g. digital design).
- Expertise in advanced data management systems (e.g. spark, hadoop, oracle db, mysql, postgresql, SQL server, …)
- Deep expertise in data modeling and structuring
- Advanced SQL knowledge ? and being aware of SQL’s limits, and when to find other solutions
- Familiarity with ETL tools
- Experience in working on large data sets
- Familiarity with cloud technology stacks (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Fluency in at least one scripting language Python (preferred), R
- Familiarity with container platforms, e.g., Docker
- Experience distilling and presenting complex concepts to a business audience
- Developing and maintaining formal documentation describing data, data structures, and data models
Section 4: QUALIFICATIONS
Indicate education, experience and any additional traits required to be successful in the role.
- Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, quantitative engineering, physics or other quantitative discipline
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving & intellectual curiosity
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think critically and conceptually
- Disposition to simplify: streamline work processes, simply communicate -complex concepts
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Team oriented with proven track record in collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Strong ownership of deliverables
Work and Life is all about balance and we work hard to support you personally and professionally with policies, programs and resources that enhance you and your family’s life:
- Work from Home
- Flexible Work Time
- Shorter Time Work
- Child Care Leave
- Family Care Leave
- Nursing Care Leave
- Birthday Paid Leave
- Congratulation/Condolence Paid Holiday
- Free Cafe
- Casual clothing
- Recreation Room
- Lodging facility
JOB ID : IJB2003627
Registration is required to refer to this job.