Publication date 2023/12/11
10.0M ～ 14.0M
Multinational Fintech Company (Duty-free Industry)
Nature and aim of the position.
Client is a leading provider of multi-currency payment solutions and hotel/retail gateway solutions and the leader in Global Tourist Tax Free processing services is seeking a Payments Business Development Manager to focus and promote our payments platform to the hotel and retail sector throughout Japan.
Context of the role
Reporting to the Regional head of commercial Asia, this is a Japan role to canvas for new clients in the hotel and retail sector and manage the full sales cycle of a client which includes onboarding, partner due diligence, legal paperwork, and technical go live. A good understanding of the hotel payment and retail ecosystem/payment value chain is required.
The Business Development Manager will hunt for new customers across the country both cold as well as from some leads via our relationships. The person will need to be target driven and have a passion and ownership to deliver numbers. This will be a hands-on role with deep involvement in execution, leading from the front.
- Creating and executing the overall sales and business development plan for across the global hotel market and retail market in Japan.
- Developing and managing strategic partnerships with PSP’s, PMS vendors, hotel technology providers and hotel and retail merchant’s hotel
- Hands on management of the end-to-end sales cycle, including lead generation, managing live accounts, and working closely with C suites to close deals.
- Developing sales strategies using your market expertise to maximise go-to-market resources and execute against relevant opportunities.
- Ensuring excellent communication and internal coordination to roll-out new services, considering market specificity (regulation, competition etc.)
- Managing the new accounts to maximise revenue through cross and up selling opportunities and maximising customer satisfaction.
- Providing timely reports to the Sales Ops team regarding performance, sales activity, account management and strategy, as well as advise on local industry trends.
- Initiate and maintain a strong links between customers and back-office services to ease communication and facilitate the resolution of any issues.
- Effectively communicate the needs of your customers to the support team
- Salary and compensation will be based on the current salary and interview performance of the candidate
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- ~3-5+ years of B2B business development experience covering a multi-region remit within the payments industry.
- Has a strong existing network of PSP’s, Acquirers, Banks, Tier one Merchants and Marketplaces in the hotel or retail sector?
- Must possess a can-do, entrepreneurial drive, focusing on solving problems creatively with a high level of energy. This is critical both as a cultural fit and based on the nature of internal business growth plans.
- Strong organization skills, management of priorities and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to influence and build credibility across all levels, hence building collaborative relationships.
- Proven ability to operate in a fast paced, global, complex, and geographically diverse company.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English & Japanese
IT Recruitment Consultant (Sales / Marketing)
JOB ID : IJB2004948