Publication date 2023/09/27
Tokyo,12.0M ～ 17.3M
Major global consumer technology company
About the Role
This leader will own the overall performance, strategy, and relationship management, for our Marketplace channel business. Day to day this will mean working closely with the Head of Direct Sales and the Ecommerce Director to develop strategic and commercial business growth plans across multiple categories and channels into a singular commercial business approach. This will also include collaborating closely with channel and brand leads and other key business stakeholders including brand, finance and logistics.
- Responsibility for unit volume, sales revenue, gross margin account, and all strategy and planning for the marketplace side of the Direct business.
- Own the sales targets for the marketplace side of the Direct business such as Rakuten and Yahoo.
- Understand and maximize channel & category profitability through the regular use of a margin tracker and make recommendation as applicable on channel prioritization to maximize gross margin opportunities. Act as first point of contact for channel leads on intra-channel challenges (EG: Inventory) and partner with finance to identify a balanced solution for channel and overall business growth.
- Own the relationships with our marketplace partners as the key representative. Define and set volume and revenue targets directly with Partners. Set Joint Business Planning (JBP) sessions and develop strategies to drive and maximize our growth on those channels.
- Lead discussions and drive outcomes with cross functional business units Inc. Brand, Supply Chain and Finance teams to obtain consensus and alignment on Direct business sales and campaign |account plan with senior stakeholders. Act as centralized point of contact for inbound finance and supply chain management risk/ opportunity and partner with these teams and channel owners to find the best solutions which enhance commercial outcomes.
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience with a consumer goods company trading on Japan’s prominent ecommerce platforms (Amazon, Rakuten, Yahoo Mall, etc.) in a role leading or supporting sales strategy planning
- A strong understanding of a strategic e-commerce ecosystem, where to play and how to win. Especially, working experience with Amazon is a key.
- Solid understanding of and ability to manage a P&L. Strong mathematical & financial analysis skill.
- Proven delivery of sales targets
- Experienced in senior level account negotiations
- Strong background in Sales / demand planning
- English - business level / Japanese - native level
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, a passion for metrics and quantitative analysis, and the ability to turn analysis into actionable programs
- Comfort with technology, including the ability to understand key technical issues and their implications as well as to suggest alternative solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; at ease when dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable project management and collaboration skills to obtain the best results and / or problem solve.
- Experienced people manager
- Strong passion for Innovation, Problem-solving and client's products.
JOB ID : IJB2004546