Tokyo,13.0M ～ 17.0M
The APAC Services team is hiring a Project Manager.
He/she will be joining as Project Manager to implementation of our business, technical and integration projects.
He/she will manage all aspects of the projects from initial client engagement to go-live. The scope of such engagements will be projects with external customers located in the Japan primarily and APAC when required.
This position requires expertise in on-boarding new customers, strong project management skills as well as affinity for the management of technical projects with external clients. The Project Manager will work very closely with the local and global Sales, Pre-Sales, Services and Commercial Support teams.
In addition to his/her project management responsibilities the candidate will also be involved in some pre-sales/scoping activities as well as engagement with third-party partners delivering on our projects. The primary objectives for the Project Manager will be:
- Assist customers to ensure a successful delivery of each project, set and manage customer expectations, broker communication/coordination of project activities between the customer and the other internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate ordering activities with the customer to ensure all components required for the successful delivery of the projects are ordered in a timely fashion.
For Internal Stakeholders
- Provide pre-sales assistance and coordinate involvement of subject matter experts for more complex projects scoping; improve processes to minimize efforts and reduce lead time to produce proposals.
- Ensure all steps (before, during and after implementation) are completed to ensure compliance with processes and quality of delivery.
- Monitor & report on projects, review deviations (customer requirements, timelines, cost and quality) and escalate as appropriate to meet both our & customer's expectations, coordinate corrective actions; improve/automate processes to do so.
What to expect
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the project team and the client.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project; determine the time required to complete the project and develop a schedule for project completion.
- Review the project schedule with management and all other stakeholders that will be affected by the project activities (including the client); revise the schedule as required.
- Lead the design, testing, planning, and implementation of multiple complex projects.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Conduct scheduled project oversight meetings with the client and other stakeholders; constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Recognize problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent. Evaluate alternatives and finds solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach.
- Prioritize own and team’s work. Anticipate consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change.
- Ensure open communication with the project team. Address delicate situations and handle conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
- Understand how and when to make a choice; how and when to escalate issues to higher levels. Analyze the risks and future impact of decisions.
- Provide pre-sales assistance and coordinate involvement of subject matter experts for more complex projects scoping; improve processes to minimize efforts and reduce lead time to produce proposals